There are ways to reducing the number of dust mites at home. In How to get rid of dust mite we already suggested to vacuum with a HPEA cleaner, and use allergen-proof encasing to stop dust mite entering into the pillow and mattress. The recommended products are to:
Physically remove the dust mites
- a high power vacuum clean is not enough, as the dust mites are tiny and can pass though normal filter
- a vacuum cleaner with HPEA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filtration is ideal in order to filter small particles, including dust mites and other allergens
- Please take a look of our recommended HPEA vacuum cleaners and product reviews.
Prevent the dust mites from staying inside the bedding
- Like a HPEA filter, we need a cover or encasing to stop the dust mites entering to our beddings
- normal fibre of wools, cotton is not dense enough and will let the dust mites pass through
- we need some other materials with smaller pore size, or even water-proof
- Please take a look of our recommended allergen-proof encasing.